Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It begins...


In June 2008, I transferred with my former employer and moved to Hendersonville, NC. Having lived in Central Florida most of my life, not only was I anxious to get out of Florida, but I was excited to be "starting anew" in a new place. It didn't take me long to fall head overheels in love with the mountains. That all came crashing down though in December, when I lost my job and had to give it all up and move back down to Florida to live with my parents.

After two months without a job, I now work for a great company and am doing pretty well. However,I am not happy. Florida is just not the place for me. I want more than the Sunshine State has to offer. I want Asheville back.

That said, this blog will chronicle my adventure to make it back to Asheville. You will get to read about all the craziness and struggles I experience along the way. It's not going to be easy, but when you dream big and want it bad enough, I believe anything is possible.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am on a quest. I want to stay at my current employer but make a better salary in a different position utilizing my talents OR go rogue and apply for a totally new and challenging position with a new company doing something I've never done but know that the skill set required is something that I possess. Challenge:Job with the alternate company will not provide benefits for my current significant other. hmmmm.Dilemma. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel and if you can dream it, YOU CAN DO IT!!! I believe you will attain your goal, Shannon. First, write out an action plan. Which by creating this blog,you may have already begun. Coincidentally enough, I started journaling on my action plan today as well. My goal has a deadline date of November 2009 if in any way possible or January 2010. ( I am limited by the fact that the posting I want inhouse may not open until the first of the year unless a business need dictates the posting to occur sooner. I am hoping for sooner.)
I will look forward to seeing your posts progress. I would also recommend that you surround yourself with photos of the things you desire. Get an Ashevill calendar and plaster your cubilce with the sights and colors of Asheville. Start networking via Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace for any job leads that might be within your commute. And most importantly, budget and save a little bit each and every month toward your goal. Every desire requires specific actions to attain success. I am hoping to be encouraging to you and as I learn more steps toward attaining goals that have been set, I hope to share that with you.
( My current employer has me in an extracurricular course to enrich my career path. I hope it helps.)

Post a Comment